Sunday, July 24, 2011

Over The Hill...

David celebrated his 40th birthday this year. I decided last year to throw him a surprise party, but changed my mind about the surprise. We invited friends over for some "chilling and grilling" and asked that instead of a present they bring a side dish to share. We grilled hot dogs and brats. I made his favorite cake, cheesecake. The only thing I wouldn't budge on was that he had to have 40 candles on his cake. I am grateful for so many friends that came to celebrate!







2 comments:

ShEiLa said...

I love your whole descriptive thing... 'chillin & grillin'! Hope you had the best b.day ever Mr.FORTY!

ToOdLeS.

ShEiLa said...

ps. I remember when Janet M. & Linda W. did Mom's over the hill celebration... only Mom was 30. I thought MOM was way old... but the older I get the YOUNGER 30 is.